There are few issues that spark as a lot pleasure as with the ability to manage something and every part by shade. It’s a simple and visible solution to lay issues out, and on this planet of content material and social media, staying organized is among the finest methods to maintain on prime of planning. That’s one in all many causes that so many people at Buffer had been trying ahead to including tags to our Buffer posts. These helpful, color-coordinated tags are like a breath of recent air for anybody trying so as to add some visible group to their content material creation and planning.
There are many methods to make use of this new function inside Buffer to maintain scheduled posts and concepts all grouped collectively. For inspiration, we gathered up use instances from each the beta customers who’ve been serving to us take a look at this function and the Buffer group.
With that, listed here are 11 methods to make the most of this stunning new function to its fullest potential, 5 instantly from our group and neighborhood.
As with many issues in life, we are able to all have entry to the identical issues however use them totally in another way. Tags is a type of options in Buffer. The great thing about tags is that they’re versatile and customizable to how your mind works and the way you need to see your content material, concepts, and posts. Listed below are just a few ways in which our group and neighborhood are already utilizing tags:
To prepare put up concepts and drafts by subjects
Essentially the most simple means to make use of tags is to prepare social put up concepts and drafts by matter or sort of put up.One among our beta testers, Andrea of Andrea Likes Birds has been utilizing tags for simply this over the previous couple of weeks since she’s had entry to the function. “I’ve tags for journeys I’ve taken, the place I need to hold the posts grouped as a location-based story. I exploit tags to ID particular varieties of posts, like posts for particular days or focuses, and even by the kind of fowl!” (How stunning are Andrea’s concepts and tags beneath? 🤩)
Buffer’s Workers Product Supervisor, Brandon Green, has taken the identical method. “I’m utilizing Tags to prepare put up concepts (and drafts) by matter, largely for LinkedIn content material.” He’s organized his posts primarily based on whether or not they’re product-focused content material, distant work content material, work-life stability, and some different subjects.
Right here’s a glimpse of Brandon’s tags:
To trace put up efficiency in analytics
Buffer’s Social Media Supervisor, Mitra Mehvar, has been utilizing tags to get analytics studies for particular posts “so I can get a greater take a look at how content material is performing and make any adjustments if wanted.” That is a simple means for anybody to maintain shut tabs on efficiency for varied varieties of posts or subjects of posts. Right here’s the view Mitra is taking a look at when she’s monitoring the efficiency of our Open Books content:
To prepare AI prompts
Tami Oladipo, a Content material Author at Buffer, additionally occurs to be one in all our teammates who’s essentially the most educated about AI. She’s shared her method for collaborating with AI prior to now and has been utilizing tags to “kind the customized AI prompts I share within the Social Media Newsletter” as a result of she says, “it helps separate it from my extra random spurts of writing within the Concepts part.”
To prepare posts primarily based on content material pillar
In case you have actually particular social media goals, you may need damaged down your content material into content pillars. That’s what Kirsti Lang, a Content material Author at Buffer has performed. “I’m utilizing tags to prepare all my posts and concepts by content material pillar, within the hope of pinpointing what sort of content material resonates essentially the most on every platform. I’m simply beginning out with this new system, so I’m trying ahead to digging into the analytics for every tag as I put up extra on every of the pillars!”
To tell apart between concepts for various accounts
One other means to make use of tags is to distinguish between content material concepts for various accounts in addition to subjects. Nathan Nannenga, a Senior Product Supervisor at Buffer, additionally runs a small enterprise outdoors of labor and makes use of tags to hurry up his course of for scheduling new content material. “I exploit tags to assist kind the content material I need to put up on totally different channels for my small business. When it’s time to schedule one thing new, it makes discovering content material for that channel a snap, as I’ve bought a sortable repository of concepts and content material able to go.”
I do the identical — I’ve posts for private accounts but additionally for a podcast account that I run, and utilizing tags, I can rapidly distinguish between these concepts and filter them after I’m batch-creating content primarily based on the account I’m creating content material for.
Right here’s what my tags appear to be:
There are tons extra methods to make use of this new function as nicely. A couple of concepts we’ve had as a group are:
- Collaboration: You should use tags to work extra effectively together with your group. Tag concepts from totally different teammates, add a standing if a put up must be reviewed, or add different context like “ready on imagery” to any content material inside Buffer.
- Repurposing: Clearly mark content material that may be added to your Buffer queue once more with a tag like “evergreen” or “month-to-month” for content to repurpose and share each month. This helps guarantee your finest content material will get repeated visibility.
- Observe content material sources: In case you’re curating content material from totally different sources, tags may also help you monitor and credit score the unique creators or web sites. You’ll additionally be capable to see in analytics if content material from particular sources is performing higher than others.
- Localization: In case your viewers is world, tags may also help you kind content material primarily based on area or language, making certain localized content material reaches its meant viewers.
- Monitoring targets: You may need a number of targets in your social content material, engagement, model consciousness, net site visitors — you possibly can assign a tag to every aim and just be sure you’re each creating content material throughout all your social media goals but additionally monitor the efficiency of that content material later in your analytics primarily based on the tag.
- Combine with Zapier: Buffer has a powerful integration with Zapier. A technique to make use of the combination is to attach a platform the place you retain content material concepts and have these robotically added to Buffer as nicely with the proper tag. For instance, I’ve a database in Notion I hold of quotes from articles and books, I can join it to Buffer through Zapier in order that anytime I add a brand new quote to that database, it’s added as an thought to Buffer with the tag “quotes.”
Assume we missed a good way to make use of tags? Depart a remark beneath with how you employ it, and we would add it to this weblog put up. 😉