Google owns only a bit greater than 92% of the worldwide search engine market, which implies it’s a important driver of how individuals search for, and discover, data on the web.
On this submit, uncover key Google search statistics that may provide help to perceive extra about how search phrases, search traits, and the way Google search adapts to altering applied sciences.
Desk of Contents
How many individuals use Google?
Google controls 92% of the search engine market share worldwide. That features 72% of the desktop market and 92% of the cellular search engine market.
Google’s nearest competitor, Bing, solely holds 2.9% of market share, whereas Yahoo accounts for 1.1%. The distribution has remained comparatively steady over the previous few years with Google constantly claiming aggressive victory due to detailed search outcomes, in-depth analytics, and evolving service choices.
Think about the speedy uptake of “Google” as a verb which means, “to look” — “I’ll simply Google it,” “can’t you Google that?” “isn’t it on Google?” It’s not an exaggeration to say that in relation to looking for data on-line, Google is — by far — the digital frontrunner.
What number of Google searches per day?
Google doesn’t share its search quantity information. Nonetheless, it’s estimated Google processes roughly 99,000 search queries each second, translating to eight.5 billion searches per day and roughly 2 trillion international searches per yr. The typical individual conducts between three and 4 searches every day.
Google additionally makes efforts to personalize search outcomes, in flip, growing the possibilities that customers will go for Google the subsequent time they’ve a query. For customers that aren’t logged right into a Gmail or one other Google account, the corporate makes use of anonymously saved browser cookies to get a way of search histories and preferences.
For customers signed into their Google account, Chrome’s browser historical past gives the information essential for Google to assemble a profile primarily based on age, language choice, gender and search preferences, which informs the kind of search outcomes returned. Location affords a simple instance of this method — if customers have location companies turned on, Google search outcomes might be filtered by geographic location to extend general relevance.
Now, let’s take a look at a couple of of this yr’s prime Google Search statistics and take a deeper dive into the trending searches that information your advertising technique.
Prime Google Search Statistics in 2023
Let’s take a look at how Google influences search with these newest statistics.
65% of SEOs say Google’s 2023 algorithm updates have positively impacted internet visitors and SERP rankings. (HubSpot Blog Research)
70% of internet analysts and SEOs say the brand new AI search will incentivize individuals to make use of search engines like google and yahoo greater than earlier than. (HubSpot Blog Research)
- If generative AI was built-in into search, 75% of internet professionals say it will have a constructive influence on their weblog. (HubSpot Blog Research)
- The highest 5 Google searches in 2020 had been “Wordle,” “Election outcomes,” “Betty White,” “Queen Elizabeth,” and “Bob Saget.” (Google)
- 25% of desktop Google searchers finish with out a click on, and 17% of cellular finish with out a click on (Semrush)
- Lengthy-tailed key phrases get 1.76x extra clicks in natural SERPs. (Backlinko)
- As of April 2023, Google has roughly 83.9 billion visits worldwide. (Statista)
- 89% of URLs and 37% of URLs in positions 1-20 rank in another way on cellular and desktop. (SEMRush)
- Professionals ranked Trustworthiness and Experience as crucial rating components within the E-E-A-T framework. (HubSpot Blog Research)
- There are actually greater than 1.8 billion Gmail customers worldwide. (TechJury)
- Compressing pictures and textual content may assist 25% of internet pages save greater than 250KB and 10% save greater than 1 MB. These adjustments scale back bounce charges and improve web page rank on Google SERPs. (Google)
- As of July 2023, Chrome accounts for 63% of the online browser market share. (Statcounter)
- As of July 2023, 56% of internet visitors searches happen on cellular. (Statcounter)
- 54% of shoppers use their telephones over another gadget when trying up a query on a search engine. (HubSpot Blog Research)
- Web page titles with a query have a 15% larger CTR than common titles. (Backlinko)
- Consultants suppose “The right way to”/query and reply content material and overview/comparability content material will carry out greatest when generative AI is included into search engines like google and yahoo. (HubSpot Blog Research)
- In 2020, 500 key phrases accounted for 8.4% of all search quantity. (Backlinko)
- The typical click-through price for first place on desktop is 27.6%. (Backlinko)
- 4 instances as many individuals are more likely to click on on a paid search advert on Google (63%) than on another search engine — Amazon (15%), YouTube (9%), and Bing (6%). (Clutch)
- 50% of U.S. shoppers use voice search every day. (UpCity)
- 55% of individuals clicking on Google search adverts favor these to be textual content adverts. (Clutch)
- For each $1 companies spend on Google Advertisements, they make a median of $2 in income. (Google)
- The typical click-through price in Google Advertisements throughout industries in 2023 is 6.11%. (WordStream)
- The typical cost-per-click for a key phrase is about $0.61. (Backlinko)
- The typical cost-per-click in Google Advertisements in 2023 is $4.22 throughout all industries. (WordStream)
- Almost ¼ of internet professionals surveyed stated direct visitors was their prime supply of internet visitors, adopted by natural, then social. (HubSpot Blog Research)
- 19% of Google SERPs present pictures. (Moz)
- The typical key phrase is roughly 3-4 phrases lengthy. (Semrush)
- The typical conversion price in Google Advertisements throughout all industries in 2023 is 7.04% (WordStream)
- There are over 192 totally different nation and region-based Google Engines like google. (GiT Magazine)
- 25. When Google opened its proverbial doorways in September 1998, it solely averaged about 10,000 every day search queries. The Search
With search volumes continuously fluctuating in response to world occasions and evolving information protection, it’s value understanding what searches are trending, how rapidly they’re ramping up, and the way they tie into comparable key phrase queries.
Whereas one choice is a scattershot method — merely sort a possible pattern time period into Google and see what number of whole outcomes are reported — extra focused choices usually present a neater path to improved search efficiency.
Let’s overview among the most helpful instruments out there within the part under.
How To Discover Trending Searches
- Google Tendencies
- Assume with Google
Evaluate the “12 months in Search,” take Google Tendencies classes, and see what’s trending now. You may as well view the peaks and valleys of subject curiosity over time, which uncovers seasonality and lets you plan your advertising calendar accordingly. Plus, discover associated matters and queries, and determine sub-regions your subject has been trending to higher goal your campaigns.
Uncover articles, benchmark stories, and client insights that preserve you on top of things on search. From advert bidding methods to model jingles, you’ll discover attention-grabbing content material that helps you suppose larger whereas staying educated on how you can leverage Google seek for what you are promoting.
Signal on to Twitter for greater than vaguely hostile political debates. Use the “traits” characteristic to uncover what’s trending in your state, nation, or across the globe. While you click on right into a pattern, you’ll see prime tweets in regards to the subject, related information tales, and dwell responses as effectively.
Determine probably the most shared content material within the earlier 12 months or the final 24 hours with BuzzSumo. BuzzSumo lets you drill down and analyze the matters that matter to your business, your rivals, and the influencers you be taught from.
This RSS feed aggregator lets you observe your favourite manufacturers and see their most up-to-date content material in a single place. Add your favorites and uncover new publishers by looking your business, abilities, or — you guessed it — trending matters. Feedly additionally lets you arrange key phrase alerts, so that you’re at all times monitoring the most recent traits on matters you’re enthusiastic about.
Freshness and user-based voting decide how content material is prioritized on Reddit. A fast go to to the homepage exhibits you trending or widespread posts. And, you possibly can filter by nation or recency for a extra related feed.
Conduct aggressive analysis, house in on a key phrase, or seek for trending matters. Ahrefs helps you determine trending content material and exhibits you what to do to outrank your rivals.
Pocket lets you save content material from wherever on the internet. Evaluate your content material everytime you want and head to the Discover web page to seek out trending matters which are related to you.
Join Quora and choose subject areas that curiosity you (e.g., “startups,” “advertising,” and “economics”). Quora will inventory your feed with questions associated to your content material pursuits. This provides you perception into what your prospects are asking, real-time debates about rivals, and even lets you reply questions on matters you will have expertise in.
Increasing Your Google Impression
Backside line? Google owns the most important piece of each search and internet browser market shares and gives a number of interconnected companies that empower the corporate to ship personalised, real-time search outcomes.
For entrepreneurs, this makes Google an irreplaceable device for reinforcing client loyalty, courting new purchasers, and enhancing buyer conversions. Armed with actionable pattern information and related supply statistics, advertising groups can develop their Google influence and make sure the proper content material will get seen by the precise prospects to jumpstart the gross sales course of.